Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy New Year,,Happy Mail Card

                         Happy New Year
As I welcome a new year, and have a little time before my next christmas party. I got some happy mail, and any happy mail for me is crafting things. My happy mail was The Stamps of life, stamp set and dies! Yes I am addicited to stamps and dies, because you can do so much more  things with them. So as I start my new year with a new card, its fitting it should say 
Happy Mail!



This card was so easy and fun to do...It is a 5 1/2 x 4 inch white card. On the background I used Tim Holtz distress ink, salty ocean, and mowed lawn, and applied it with the mini distress tool.
I wanted it to more stand out more and that is why I love using dies, and so cut out the mail box, bird, envelopes, and grass.
I then used Prismacolor colored pencils, black and darkbrown, to color the post in the mail box, and red for the big heart.
The envelopes I wanted to make them look like they fell out of the mail box, and cut four of them out with the die, and stamped them with the stamp with black ink. I wanted to make them look kinda spring, because here in Nebraska we have had lots of snow and cold. So I colored them with copic markers, bo1,bo4,r27,rv63.
The words rv63, and the bird with y15. 
The grass I stamped with distress ink, pineneedles, peeled paint. I made some of them to stand out by cutting them with the die cut and coloring them in.


So glad you stopped by and I hope you are getting some happy mail!!

No comments:

Post a Comment